Full Invitation: Art_of_Social_Innovation_Toronto
Fee: $900 for corporate, $750 for non-profit, $650 for youth/student
participatory leadership in times of change
3 day training
LEARNING IN COMPLEXITY
THRIVING IN CHANGING SYSTEMS
WORKING WITH REAL DIVERSITY & DIFFERENCE
The complexity we are facing in the world right now is pushing us to ask some new questions about how we act, what our organizations do and how to respond:
How can we increase our capacity to learn?
How can we thrive in complexity and shifting systems?
How can we create initiatives and socially innovate within complexity?
How to work with relationships, difference, real diversity?
In Toronto and beyond, social innovators and pioneers of new ways of doing things are popping up all around us. We can’t predict the results. This by nature is complex. The complexity can be overwhelming – halting our learning, making us feel stuck, tense, and even perpetuating fragmentation and conflict – with and among those who are also trying to make a better world a practical reality.
This training will explore:
How we can use methods and practices of collaborative and participatory leadership to connect social innovation efforts, learn from one another and address the complexity of the challenges facing communities and organizations today?
This is for people who:
– are not shying away from all the work it takes to make a better world a practical reality
– see that making a better world cannot happen in isolation
– want to increase their capacity to learn
– need to work with diverse voices and invite real diversity into their work
– are ready to develop their own capacity, and the capacity of those doing good work around us
WHAT IS AoH?:
- art of hosting is a technology of social learning.
- art of hosting is a practice of personal and collective leadership that makes the world a better place.
- art of hosting is about adaptive knowledge and not getting addicted to best practices
The Art of Hosting is an intensive three day experiential personal leadership and professional development training designed to build community and explore powerful participatory leadership practices to address complex community, organizational and societal challenges.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
– Learn practical, participatory tools — and how to use them — including: chaordic project planning, world cafe, open space, pro action cafe, and more.
– Immerse yourself and your team in a supportive and co-creative space.
– Experience the connection between personal transformation and the capacity to create change in the world.
– Connect and learn with a community of leaders working to bring change into diverse settings in Toronto and beyond.
– Explore tools for resilience and systems change
– Learn how to work within the systems all around us, to see how systems are changing and shifting and exploring how can we thrive in complexity